The Cabin in the North
1097 Mount Whitney Drive
Big Bear City, California 92314
Welcome to our home! We're excited you will be staying with us. Here is everything you need to know to have a great time while in Big Bear. If you have any questions. Please don't hesitate to ask.
The house is located at 1097 Mount Whitney Drive in Big Bear City. The GPS position is 34.269695, -116.864416.
There are two main ways to get to Winterfell. Most of the year the easiest way is coming up on Highway 330 from the 210. This is the most traveled route, but there can be a lot of traffic during ski season. The average transit time from Claremont, CA to the cabin is about 1.5 hours during non rush hours and about 2 hours during rush hours.
About 60 Miles from Claremont. This is the most direct route and usually preferred.
- Get on CA-210 E
- Follow CA-210 E to CA-330 N/City Creek Rd in San Bernardino. Take exit 81 from CA-210 E
- Take exit 81 for CA-330 N toward Mountain Resorts
- Continue onto CA-18/Hilltop Blvd
- Turn left onto CA-38 W/N Shore Dr
- Turn left onto Division Dr
- Division Dr turns right and becomes Blue Mountain Rd
- Turn left onto Mt Whitney Dr. Destination will be on the left.
This is about 90 miles from Claremont. It is a better option if heavy traffic is expected in the mountains.
- From the US-10 East
- Take exit 85 for Live Oak Canyon Road toward Oak Glen Road in Yucaipa.
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Live Oak Canyon Rd
- Turn left onto Bryant St
- Turn right onto CA-38 E
- Turn left onto E Big Bear Blvd
- Turn right onto Greenway Dr
- Turn left onto W North Shore Dr
- Take Eagle Mountain Dr and Mt Shasta Rd to Mt Whitney Dr
- Turn right toward Eagle Mountain Dr
- Turn left onto Mt Shasta Rd
- Turn left onto Mt Whitney Dr
What to do when you arrive and when you leave
- Turn off the alarm. The alarm panel is on the first floor across from the shuffleboard table.
- Turn on the water. The main shut off valve is next to the front door of the house. The valve only turns off-and-on. When you turn on or off the water you will hear it.
- Turn up the hot water heater. The hot water heater is downstairs in the coat closet. Turn it from vacation mode to very hot.
- Plug in the hot water recirculation pump. This is located right above the hot water heater. This will give you instant hot water throughout the house.
These are some of our favorite things to do while up in Big Bear. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Things to Do
Enjoy great trout fishing, boat rentals, jet ski and waverunner rentals for the family! We have two marina's to serve you. Go tubing, rental a kayak or stand up paddle board, or relax on a lake cruise!
Drop in at 8,200 feet and experience the best that SoCal has to offer. With over 240 acres of skiable terrain and 31 trails of all ability levels, Snow Summit boasts 18+ skiable miles. Covered with a state-of-the-art snowmaking system and a lift system of 14 lifts.
Bars & Restaurants
This is just a short walk from our house. They are open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night. Awesome food, good drinks, live music and dancing! This is a favorite of ours. Check it out!
Whiskey Dave’s sports bar and live music venue is located in the heart of the village. We have the NFL ticket, most college games, 16 TV’s, 6 pool tables, Foosball, Darts, Live Bands, amazing food and the best staff on the mountain…
Grocery & Household Stores
How do we get on the WiFi?
The house WiFi network is called “Winterfell”. The network password is “spartanlions”. All one word and lower case. If you need to reset the router it is located in the family room behind the TV.
Where and how do we make coffee?
We have two coffee makers. One is a Keurig K-Cup and the other is an expresso machine. You’re welcome to use either. There should be coffee in the kitchen already, but there is more in the pantry. Please use the purified water in the dining room for the coffee makers. The water in Big Bear is very hard and will leave calcium deposits inside the machines.
Where can we find more paper towels and toilet paper?
There are more paper products in the garage on the back wall. Help yourself.
Is there an phone in the house?
Yes, there is a phone in the house. It is in the downstairs office. The phone number is (909) 833-7676. Please note, this is an IP phone and it will not work if the power or Internet is offline.
How does the arcade work?
The arcade is upstairs in the game room. Please turn on the TV and ensure that it is on HDMI 1 input. The arcade should already be on. If not, there is a power switch above the control. There is also a Nintendo Wii in the cabinet. The controllers should be next to it. Open the metal door to turn it on and off. Please turn it off when done.
How do you use the front room TV? Do you have cable?
The remote controls should be on the coffee table. Additionally, you ask ask Alexa to turn on the TV.
No, we don’t have cable TV, but we do have several streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- Please park in the driveway.
- Please feel free to use the laundry facilities.
- Play shoot a game of pool or shuffleboard.
- Be respectful to our neighbors. Please keep the noise down on the deck throughout the day and certainly at night.
- Have a great time!!! We’re happy you’re here!!
- Please do not bring your pets to the cabin.
- Please avoid going into the downstairs office or the workshop in the garage. We keep personal items in these spaces.
- In the interest of safety, please do not use our fireplaces.
- Please do not put beverages directly on any wood surfaces. Some of the wood is not finished and wet objects will affect the color of the wood.
- Please do not put any beverages on the pool table, arcade, or shuffleboard tables.
- If possible, please avoid parking in the street. If you need to park on the street please park in front of the cabin.